Hi! I am Alex Mara, a recently graduated Doctor of Computer Science Engineering. Until recently, I was part of the Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics (AIDA) research group led by Prof. Tijl De Bie at Ghent University. My research was centered around graphs. More specifically, on new vector representations for graph data that allow us to effectively and efficiently perform traditional downstream predictions tasks such as classification and inference. On this page, you can find more information about me, my research interests, publications and other activities.
Regarding my education, previous to the PhD I obtained an MSc in Computer Communication and Information Sicences (Machine Learning and Data Mining Major) from Aalto University and a BSc in Computer Engineering from the Technical University of Madrid. I graduated with honours from both programs and received several mentions and awards. You can check out my full CV here.
On my free time I like to practice sports mainly mountain biking, calisthenics and climbing. I also enjoy playing videogames both recent ones as well as the classics (P.S.: try searching for a non-existend subdomain on my website, like this one :P).
- Teaching Assistant: AI Research Seminar, Ghent University, 2021
- Teaching Assistant: Big Data Science, Ghent University, 2018/2019/2020
- Teaching Assistant: Machine Learning Basic Principles, Aalto University, 2016
- Teaching Assistant: Convex Optimization for Big Data, Aalto University, 2015
- Teaching Assistant: Mathematical Analysis, Technical University of Madrid, 2011/2012/2013